Friday, March 21, 2014

The Candy Man Can

3/21/2014
This city is on the brink of war. Only a few know it. He is preparing the hearts and minds for it. Building resentment on both sides. I am worried that no one else notices. He plays the others in power and they have no idea that he is. They just suspect him of being the typical plotting elder. They can't see him manipulating them. When I point out his plays to him, he just responds with a slick comment that is effectively just a tip of the hat to me for noticing. If I keep noticing, I will begin to fear for my requiem.

I know that with Bear's disappearance and so on that the coteries have split. One has died, and the other has picked it over like a carrion crow. I still believe in our mission. I know I have newer priorities and needs. I know I have to reunite with my wife first. However, if they are all destroyed or if war breaks out it will delay everything. I will talk to Jack at the next gathering. Maybe he will believe me and share it with the others. If he doesn't then he is a fool.

I feel like the city is being saved by a manic depressive with a human taxidermy hobby from a candy making sociopath. What is 2014 coming to.

And the world tastes good because the candy man thinks it should.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment