Friday, January 24, 2014

Therapy: Good for Everyone

Every new beginning is filled with hope.

Had another session with Ollie. He hates it when I call him Ollie, but he is such a... child. I suppose he could be older than I was when I died. He is positive without being annoyingly so. He points out how death and grieving are necessary facets of our temporary temporal existence. That my funeral home has a social need in the community. I find his dress deplorable, but I suppose it is excusable.

Know what the best part about him is? He is a mortal who listens. I can just rant about all my problems and as long as I'm careful to just make my stories from history sound like delusional thoughts or dreams, I'm fine. Oh, and also no comments about eating people. I avoid those and any real masquerade breaching topics. I am not a vampire, I am a young small business owner in today's economy. There are reasons I am unhappy. I explain how my friends are extremely petty and bicker and push and pull for just a wee bit more of social standing within our circles. I explain how it all gets to me. How exhausting it can be. I used a phrase I've heard before from the television: "I feel like I'm back in high school." He smiled at that and wrote more. I effectively explained the issue with Clay as a work story.

I have to say I felt the impulse tonight to reveal the truth about what I am. I thought about doing the whole Interview with a Vampire thing. But that would have been too cliche. Plus, I don't want to kill Ollie yet. I'm sure he will eventually disappoint me. Oliver is a decent mortal. He is someone to talk to. He makes good points to think about.

Although I do always feel like he is just doodling on his yellow college-ruled legal pad. I wonder if he writes things down for real. I wonder what my clinical diagnosis is. I had better not be a case study used in a class project.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment