Balloons. What can you say about them. They fill with a liquid or gas and if too full they pop. If they are too cold they are extremely brittle and can crack. When too hot, they melt. When left alone in the ravages of time, they dry rot. However, the point of a balloon is to contain things. That is it's purpose.
Most of us are used to seeing balloons filled with some lighter than air gas, prancing around on a string or other tether. If the balloon gets loose, then it soars into the sky headed for certain disaster an awful lot like Icarus. However most balloons stay grounded by their tethers until the ravages of time and osmosis make the trade and they sink slowly earthwards.
Then again, some balloons are untied. This looses all of their internal pressures out into a short lived rage where they fly about and burn brightly before once more falling to the ground. Others untied and held abusively; the internal pressure making all sorts of rude noises. Others yet are untied and held carefully so that they may rid themselves of their internal pressures and balance the aethers within.
Das dab ka i roata le neve vurdoneski
I have realized a need for balance. I understand that perhaps the equilibrium that others seek isn't for me. I just need to feel closer to balanced.
I know many kindred with cracks, others whose psyches have melted, and plenty who just rot. Luckily I don't know any who have popped. Some try to soar too fast, others just sink back to the ground.
I've been looking for a mortal therapist. Perhaps Oliver will work out.
Nashti zhas vorta po drom o bango
This should go well...
-L
No comments:
Post a Comment