Blood is like love.
The first kiss is magic,
the second is intimate,
the third is routine.
It had been maybe a week. It felt more like a month, but realistically it was more like a week. It was hard counting the nights like days. In addition to that, always being hungry and on the verge of starving causes the mind to lose focus. I had fed on scraps. Blood drooled from one leech to myself. I loved her. It was wrong. And I hated that I loved her. She wasn't Kizzy. She was the lying evil harlot that was responsible for Kizzy's death and then mine. And she chose me and not her. She felt the need to point that out. I loved that. That sickening heart gushing (if it still could) that fills you with warmth. It made me want to vomit but all I could do was smile and thank her. I still remember what it was like to be a slave to her.
But, it had been a week or so. I was starving. I refused to do what I wanted to do so badly. I refused to sink my new teeth into warm skin and suck. It was disgusting. The entire idea of it. Filthy. Unclean. I was Unclean. I was dead. Sometimes I still felt like my neck hurt even though that was nights ago. Corpses are Unclean and she made me one of them. She thought it fitting that I be denied the opportunity to rest eternally with my wife. She stole that from me. And I loved her.
But, it had been a week. I was so hungry. Have you ever starved? Probably not. It is awful. Your insides are in knots and everything twists and bits within you. It feel like everything within you is trying to eat you just so it can survive. I stared at dogs and cats and any animal I saw with such hunger. She told me that humans are what we're meant to feed on. The idea was more than sickening. To pollute another with my Unclean corpse by biting them? My cold rotting flesh touching theirs which would now be Impure because I touched them... How could I curse another as such... It was WRONG.
Then it happened. I still remember every detail. She had prepared for it while I slept. She tossed me in a pit with some lass from the village near the cave. When I woke, I was so hungry. My emaciated corpse looking more dead than ever impelled me. I looked at the poor girl. Homely, freckles under the grime on her face. Her dress covered in the muck from the pit. I glanced up and saw Her smile. The bitch was enjoying this. She wanted to play with me. It made me feel special that she wanted to watch. That she wanted to look at me. I loved what she was and the attention she gave.
I lunged at the poor girl's crying form. In the dark, I couldn't see the color of her hair, but I remember her eyes. They were shocked. They were like black orbs as large as dinner plates, all color was lost to the fear. I tried to resist. I tried to let go and curl up into a ball in the corner, but I remember it compelling me to do it. The hunger. I sank my fangs into something other than my new love for the first time. The hot splash in my mouth, the ecstasy I felt, my brain was on fire, I saw colors that I had never seen before. I heard sounds that I have never heard since. It was horrifying and beautiful. There might have been a cute whimper as one of her tiny little warm hands wrapped around my wrist. I couldn't stop. I kept sucking like the leech that she made me. I heard her laughter above. All I wanted to do was to let go and curl into a ball and cry. But I couldn't. I was making her laugh and I was so hungry. I couldn't stop now. I heard her voice encouraging me to drink deeper. So... I did. The hand around my wrist tightened. After minutes of sucking on the wound, her little weak hand let go. After that, I could stop. I innately knew that it was done. That I had eaten all there was to eat.
I was shaken. I recoiled back against the opposite wall of the pit. I held myself and tried to cry. And damn it all, my tears were blood. They were her blood. I cried her blood for her. The poor damned girl. She came down into the pit and held me, and I was happy. She cooed at me and I felt loved. I also felt hate. I hated what I was. I hated what she made me. I hated that Kizzy was gone and I was forbidden from joining her. But my new love, my new master, my Sire held me. She made me forget about the girl for a time.
But later... I cried more of her blood for her.
It would be this way for ever.
Blood runs through your veins; that's where our similarity ends.
-L
No comments:
Post a Comment